Solitair Services Limited is able to offer a specialist Retrofit Service for existing chiller plant. As many large buildings have HVAC systems which utilise a chiller at the heart of the buildings system, Facility Managers are potentially faced with the huge financial burden of replacing chiller plant. With the total phase out of CFC refrigerants, (such as R22) and the constant changes in legislation for building owners to be ever more energy conscious, Retrofitting is an innovative alternative to replacing chiller plant with new plant.
If your buildings chiller plant was manufactured over 10 years ago, or you are constantly spending money on your chiller plant, then retrofitting could be the solution that you are looking for.
Customised retrofit solutions that address your operational needs and improve plant performance can include the following:
- Effective plant life-cycle can be extended to give many more years’ service.
- Improved energy consumption and lower operating costs.
- Full or part re-engineered service options.
- Compressor conversions – Replacement of inefficient reciprocating compressors with efficient screw compressors.
- Upgrade of mechanical expansion valve(s) to fully electronic expansion valve(s).
- Chiller controls upgrade – Bespoke to the chiller.
- Refrigerant conversion – Typically from R22 to MO99.
- Condenser Fans – Variable Frequency Drive conversion to improve energy efficiency.
- Compressor conversion – Screw compressor conversion utilising VFD control.